Applying for Scholarships
The Seattle Central College Foundation awards over 200 scholarships once per year for the following academic year.
Scholarship awards are based on academic merit, financial need, personal history, achievement or for specific areas of study. With one application you automatically apply most of our available scholarships. You may be prompted to submit additional information in order to qualify for specific scholarship opportunities.
Our general Scholarship Application for the 2017-18 Academic Year closed in March. If you applied by the March 8 deadline, you will receive notice of your award this Spring.
Applying for the Seattle Promise
Seattle Promise scholarships are awarded once per quarter for the following quarter.
This scholarship is reserved for current students who have academically excelled, demonstrate financial need and are enrolled full-time. Eligible students can expect this scholarship to assist with full coverage of tuition and fees.
To qualify for the Seattle Promise you must:
- Be enrolled full-time for the quarter you are applying for (12 credits or more)
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrate financial need through submission of a WAFSA or FAFSA application
- Have a gap between tuition/fees and your financial aid package
- Be a current student with 10+ credits completed or a transitioning Adult Basic Education (ABE) student
Applications for the Spring Quarter Seattle Promise scholarship are due March 27, 2017.
Applying for the Seattle Central Completion Scholarship
Completion scholarships provide direct financial support to students who have already completed some coursework at the college with the purpose of supporting them during their final quarters.
To qualify for a Seattle Central Completion Scholarship, you must:
- Be in second to last or last quarter and 15 credits or less to completion
- Have a 2.5 cumulative GPA or above
- Be working with a completion coach, advisor, or counselor to have an educational plan
- Demonstrate financial need for tuition and/or books and fees, and submitted a FAFSA or WASFA
- Complete online application
- Upload or submit a signed degree audit
Applications are reviewed every Thursday and will be awarded as funds are available.
If you have questions about Seattle Central Foundation scholarships, please email us at Scholarships.Central@seattlecolleges.edu or call 206.934.4482.
Information on external scholarships is also available at the Career Services Center. Your advisors, counselors or instructors may be able to suggest other resources as well. To explore other options to help you pay for college, visit the college’s Ways to Pay for College page.
I'm the first in my family to attend college, and I hope to set a fine example for my younger sister. This scholarship, has made this possible and help cover my expenses.
Leul Hagos, scholarship recipient