Applying for Scholarships
The Seattle Central College Foundation awards over 200 scholarships once per year for the following academic year.
Scholarship awards are based on academic merit, financial need, personal history, achievement or for specific areas of study. With one application you automatically apply most of our available scholarships. You may be prompted to submit additional information in order to qualify for specific scholarship opportunities.
Our general Scholarship Applications for the 2018-19 Academic Year will open Feb 5 and are due by April 5, 2018. Beginning Feb. 5, the application will be available here.
Applying for the Seattle Promise
Seattle Promise scholarships are awarded once per quarter for the following quarter.
This scholarship is reserved for current students who have academically excelled, demonstrate financial need and are enrolled full-time. Eligible students can expect this scholarship to assist with full coverage of tuition and fees.
To qualify for the Seattle Promise you must:
- Be enrolled full-time for the quarter you are applying for (12 credits or more)
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrate financial need through submission of a WAFSA or FAFSA application
- Have a gap between tuition/fees and your financial aid package
- Be a current student with 10+ credits completed or a transitioning Adult Basic Education (ABE) student
Applications for the Seattle Promise scholarship are due the day after grades are posted each quarter. You will be considered for a scholarship for the following quarter.
- Summer Quarter application deadline: June 22, 2017
- Fall Quarter application deadline: Aug. 25, 2017
- Winter Quarter application deadline: Dec. 21, 2017
Applying for the Seattle Central Completion Scholarship
Completion scholarships provide direct financial support to students who have already completed most of their coursework at the college with the purpose of supporting them during their final quarter(s).
To qualify for a Seattle Central Completion Scholarship, you must:
- Be in second-to-last or last quarter AND have 15 credits or less to completion, OR be in their last quarter of program (no credit limit)
- Have a 2.5 cumulative or college level GPA
- Connect with a completion coach, advisor, or counselor to have an education plan
- Be pursuing first degree
- Have applied for financial aid and maxed out of aid and other institutional financial resources, or have a gap between aid and tuition/fees/books and demonstrate financial need
- Complete online application
- Upload or submit a signed degree audit
Applications are reviewed every Thursday and will be awarded as funds are available. Awards are made on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The scholarship will cover tuition, books and fees not covered by public funding. A minimum of 15 pre-requisite credits are needed to transfer to a 4-year college or complete a certificate. Cannot be repeating pre-requisite courses.
If you have questions about Seattle Central Foundation scholarships, please email us at Scholarships.Central@seattlecolleges.edu or call 206.934.4482.
Information on external scholarships is also available at the Career Services Center. Your advisors, counselors or instructors may be able to suggest other resources as well. To explore other options to help you pay for college, visit the college’s Ways to Pay for College page.
I'm the first in my family to attend college, and I hope to set a fine example for my younger sister. This scholarship, has made this possible and help cover my expenses.
Leul Hagos, scholarship recipient