Seattle Promise Scholarship
For Garfield High School seniors
Application for Garfield High School Class of 2019 coming soon
Seattle Central is proud to introduce a scholarship program – especially for Garfield High School seniors – to help meet the full cost of a college education. With this scholarship, you are guaranteed one year of free tuition and a variety of support services to help you transition to college life.
Once enrolled, you can pursue programs to help you:
- Earn your bachelor’s degree – If your goal is a four-year degree, our College Transfer program can you help you enter the four-year college or university of your choice
- Launch a rewarding career – If you want to learn start learning a marketable skill right away so you can land a great job, we have a wide range of Career Training programs
This is your opportunity!
In addition to free tuition for your first year at Seattle Central, you will receive a host of support services to help you successfully transition from high school to college.
This program, conducted throughout your senior year at Garfield, will help with everything you need to become a Seattle Central student:
- Assistance with applications for the Seattle Promise scholarship, financial aid (including the FAFSA/WASFA forms), and for admission to Seattle Central College
- College 101 sessions that prepare students for what to expect when beginning college, as well as an overview of program options available
- Workshops for math and English, and preparation for placement testing, for those who place below college level in those areas
- Field trips to learn more about registration, advising, ID cards, campus tours, etc.
This orientation, held in early September immediately before you begin at Seattle Central, includes information designed to help you successfully transition:
- Acclimate to life on Seattle Central’s campus
- Learn about college resources and support
- Meet key instructors and staff who will help you on your journey
- Gain insight into what it takes to succeed in college
You will have access to a Seattle Promise Coordinator, who will be your direct point of contact to help you navigate your college experience. They have the expertise to connect you with a variety of resources, both on-campus and in the community, to make sure you have the support you need.
Beyond the Seattle Promise
Seattle Central is committed to helping you complete your education. As part of the program, you will receive guidance about applying for other funding opportunities after your first year is finished. Many students qualify for additional support, including other scholarships and financial aid, to help them continue their education in future years.
The Seattle Promise scholarship pays for one year of college tuition, which is just one part of the cost of a college education. Costs such as course fees, books, supplies and living expenses are not covered by this scholarship.
As part of the Seattle Promise program, our staff will work with you, and may be able to identify funding sources to meet the full cost of attending college if you need financial assistance. We are committed to helping you complete your education, and will work to connect you with funding options for future years of your education.
For more information about the Seattle Promise scholarship, please contact:
Seattle Central College Outreach Services