Every year we rely on our community partners to help us better meet our students’ needs. Your gifts of time and talent will make a difference. Here are some ways to get involved:
- Become a tutor at our Learning Support Network, which offers tutoring services on a broad range of topics.
- Support the Career Services Center by speaking at a workshop, tabling at a job fair, or sharing opportunities on our job posting board (Career Hub).
- Advise on curriculum and industry best practices as part of a Technical Advisory Committee.
- Partner with Workforce Services to support professional development of students in our Career Training programs.
- Share your knowledge and expertise with students by guest speaking at Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement (MESA), Women’s Programs, Conversations on Social Issues and Student Leadership events.
- Volunteer at our annual Believe Gala on April 25, 2019.
- Serve on a sub-committee of the Seattle Central College Foundation Board of Directors.
If you have questions about these opportunities or other ways you can contribute, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Emily Thurston Emily.Thurston@seattlecolleges.edu in our Foundation – we’d love to connect with you on new ways to advance the Seattle Central community.
Many employers match donations for volunteer hours to help your contribution reach farther and serve more students. We appreciate our volunteers who are able to multiply their impact through matching gift programs. For questions about matching gifts, please contact Emily Thurston Emily.Thurston@seattlecolleges.edu in the Foundation.